Cordova District Library
Minutes of the Regular Meeting
Of the Board of Trustees
January 12, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 4:45 pm by Merredith Peterson, President. Some board members may be attending electronically.
Trustees in attendance: Karen Lonergan, Merredith Peterson, Regina Skipper, and Bruce Wood (attended electronically and left meeting at 5:05).
Absent: Debra Deines, Debra Hart and Audrey Roman.
Sue Hebel/Library Director and Cheryl Lennox/Head Librarian were in attendance.
New Library Board Trustee Regina Skipper was sworn in by President Merredith Peterson.
The minutes from the December 2015 meeting were presented. Karen Lonergan made a motion to accept the minutes as read and was seconded by Bruce Wood. Motion carried.
The minutes from the Special Levy Meeting December 8, 2015 were presented. Bruce Wood made a motion to accept the minutes as read and was seconded by Merredith Peterson. Motion carried.
The minutes of the December 17, 2015 Special Meeting were presented. A motion to accept the minutes as read was made by Karen Lonergan and seconded by Bruce Wood. Motion carried.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: no report
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: Merredith Peterson reported:
Karen Lonergan will assume the responsibilities of Treasurer and will no longer head the Personnel Committee.
Village TIF report: Meeting notices were sent out properly. The three TIFs end in 2023. At that time if the funds have not been spent, they will be distributed between taxing bodies.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Karen Lonergan presented the financials for the month. Karen Lonergan made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Bruce Wood seconded. Motion carried.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the payments made by the District, under the signatures of the President, Treasurer, or Director, as detailed in the Financial Report presented and approved as necessary to meet the obligations of the District in timely manner.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Sue Hebel reported:
· Sue will be on vacation January 25th – 29th
· The Annual Report has been filed
· The Per Capital Grant has been filed
· The library will be closed on Friday January 15th for inventory
· Sue attended an online workshop today, titled: “Live and Learn Construction Grant”. $125,000.00 is the most available at this time. This webinar is archived and available for Library Trustees to watch.
· The new phone system will be installed on January 15th. It was approved for this budget year.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Cheryl Lennox reported:
· Statistics for December were distributed and discussed.
· A Post Reach handout for the library Facebook page was distributed. Post Reach is the number of people the post was served to. It is interesting to note that 43% of our Fans are women from the ages of 25-44.
· The March 2016 calendar was discussed. The library will host Early Voting on March 9, 2016 from 8:30-4:00.
FINANCE: No report
Financial Strategic Plan: No report
PERSONNEL: No report
Personnel Strategic Plan: No report
POLICY: Updated Personnel Policy was distributed.
Policy Strategic Plan: No report
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS:
Sue reported that she has not heard from River Action.
Building & Ground Strategic Plan: No report
TECHNOLOGY: No report
Technology Strategic Plan: No report
The Exelon closing strategy meeting was postponed.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 4:30 pm.
A motion was made by Karen Lonergan and seconded by Regina Skipper to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 5:22 pm.