Minutes of the Regular Meeting
Of the Board of Trustees
February 9, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:37 am by Debra Hart, Vice President. Some board members may be attending electronically.
Trustees in attendance: Mark Barnes, Debra Deines, Debra Hart, Karen Lonergan, Merredith Peterson (joined meeting at 8:00), and Audrey Roman.
Absent: Regina Skipper
Sue Hebel/Library Director and Cheryl Lennox/Head Librarian were in attendance.
No public present.
Debra Hart installed new board member Mark Barnes.
The minutes from the January meeting were presented. Karen Lonergan made a motion to accept the minutes as read and was seconded by Deb Deines. Motion carried.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: No report
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: No report
TREASURER’S REPORT: Karen Lonergan presented the financials for the month. Karen Lonergan made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report and pay the bills. Deb Deines seconded. Motion carried.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the payments made by the District, under the signatures of the President, Treasurer, or Director, as detailed in the Financial Report presented and approved as necessary to meet the obligations of the District in timely manner.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Sue Hebel reported:
· Construction work has begun on the library mini remodel.
· Sue attended an Exelon dinner in Chicago and was able to speak to and thank those who were involved with the energy bill.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Cheryl Lennox reported:
· Statistics for January were distributed and discussed.
· The March and April calendars were covered.
· The theme for our 2017 Summer Reading Program is 20,000 Books Under the Sea. The final program for those finishing the reading requirements will be a bus trip to Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Summer Reading will start June 5 and end with the bus trip on July 28th.
· Summer art camp for kids 4th – 8th grade will be June 19th – 23rd. On the last day we will take a bus trip to the Art Institute in Chicago.
FINANCE: No report
Financial Strategic Plan: No report
PERSONNEL: No report
Personnel Strategic Plan: No report
A resolution to comply with the Government Travel Expense Control Act was covered and discussed. This will be passed at the March meeting.
Policy Strategic Plan: No report
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS:
· Sue Hebel met with the Lincoln Office representative regarding the library construction project.
· Board members went into the main area of the library to view plans concerning the remodel.
Building & Ground Strategic Plan: No report
TECHNOLOGY: No report
Technology Strategic Plan: No report
NEW BUSINESS: The River Valley Library research project is on hold.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:30 am.
A motion was made by Deb Deines and seconded by Karen Lonergan to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 8:18 am.