Call to Order: President Deb Hart is out of town. Deb Deines called the meeting to order at 11 AM.
Members Present: Deb Deines, Mark Barnes, Regina Skipper. Also, Karen Lonergan, Director and Chalyn Fornero-Green, Librarian/ PR Coordinator
Members Absent: Merrideth Peterson and Deb Hart
Public comments: Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of ten minutes.
Approval of Minutes of Regular Board Meeting – as presented with amendments. Motion to accept by Mark Barnes seconded by Regina. Motion carried.
Approval of Closed Session Minutes—as presented.
Motion to accept by Regina, seconded by Mark.
Secretary’s report, Correspondence and Communications –
Karen reported that the Riverdale PreK sent a thank you note from Mrs. Skahill’s class for the field trip.
Board President’s report – none
Treasurer’s report, approval of bills
Karen presented the bills. Mark moved to accept the report. Regina gave the second. Motion carried.
The asset report showed a total of $1,447,071.13. Deb will help with the financials until the treasurer position can be filled.
Be it further resolved that the payments made by the District, under the signatures of the President, Treasurer, or Director, as detailed in the Financial Report presented and approved as necessary to meet the obligations of the District in a timely manner.
Director’s report Highlights (see attached for full report)
· Exelon is on track for the settlement agreement. All taxing bodies approved the settlement. We have offered Hoopla Engage to the outage workers to utilize the e-resources.
· Karen has applied to Director’s University for new directors. This would be the 1st week of June.
Librarian’s report – Highlights (full report attached)
Chalyn reported on the activities at the library.
· Video Game Tournament had 19 kids with 11 teens
· PreK vistited with 78 kids and 55 adults
· Staycation @ the Library—during spring break activities are planned for kids
· Senior Self Defense & Senior Meal in collaboration with the Cordova Township is planned.
· Ninety Day Review—Reviewed the recommendations for salaries.
· Mark moves to proceed as discussed. Regina seconded.
· Holiday Policy (E17) Motion by Mark to accept the new policy. Regina second.
Building and Grounds—no business
Technology – no business
River Valley District Library Update:
We are on the River Valley Library Board’s agenda on Monday, March 19th at 5:30pm to discuss transferring Cordova Village residents currently in River Valley’s District to ours. Karen, Chalyn and Sue Hebel will be in attendance. We would like a board member to be in attendance. The RVDL Board needs to agree to transfer the territory to our district.
New Business – none
Motion to go to close session by Regina at 11:55am and seconded by Mark. Returned to open session at 12:06pm.
Motion to return into regular meeting by Mark, seconded by Regina.
Regina motioned to adjourn meeting at 12:10pm, Mark seconded .
Next meeting: Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 11:00 AM.
Respectfully submitted,Chalyn Fornero-Green, Librarian/Public Relations